The government has instructed the Department of Groundwater Resources to set up 25 drinking water dispensers on main roads across the nation to ensure people stay hydrated during the searing hot summer months.
In a Facebook post, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced the plan on Thursday (April 23), saying people will no longer have to spend on drinking water.
“These mineral water dispensers will cut down people’s expenditures by thousands of baht per year,” CCSA said.
“The mineral water will be pumped from artesian wells using solar power and should be able to produce up to 20 cubic metres of water per hour. This water will be purified through the reverse osmosis [RO] system so people may be confident that the water they are drinking is pure, clean and safe.”
Three of these mineral water dispensers have already been set up, including one outside the Department of Groundwater Resources on Ngamwongwan Road in Bangkok, one at Si Prachan Methi Pramuk School on Suphanburi-Chai Nat Road and one at the Don Chedi Highway Depot on U Ya-Don Chedi Road in Suphanburi province.
The remaining water dispensers will be set up in May at:
- Ban Huat Community Market, Phaholyothin Road, Lampang
- Nong Lum Sub-district Administrative Organisation, Phitsanulok-Nakhon Sawan Road, Phichit
- Nakhon Chum Sub-district Municipality, Phaholyothin Road, Kamphaeng Phet
- Nong Prue district, Chalermrat Road, Kanchanaburi
- Ban Khong Sub-district Municipality, Petchkasem Road, Ratchaburi
- U-Tapao parking area, Suphanburi-Chai Nat Road, Chai Nat
- Sila Thip Sub-district Administrative Organisation, Saraburi-Lom Sak Road, Lopburi
- Wang Wa Sub-district Administrative Organisation, Sukhumvit Road, Rayong
- Bureau of Groundwater Resources Region 3, Suwannasorn Road, Saraburi
- Sala Lamduan Sub-district Administrative Organisation, Suwannasorn Road, Sa Kaew
- Khok Sung Samphan Sub-district Municipality, Maliwan Road, Khon Kaen
- Ban Nong Hai Kham Pia School, Mittraphap Road, Khon Kaen
- Maklua Mai monument, Mittraphap Road, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Bureau of Groundwater Resources Region 5, Ratchasima-Pak Thong Chai Road, Nakhon Ratchasima
- Nakha Sub-district Administrative Organisation, Mittraphap Road, Udon Thani
- Khok Sung Sub-district Municipality, Nittayo Road, Udon Thani
- Trakan Phuet Phon district bus station, Ubon Ratchathani-Khemmarat Road, Ubon Ratchathani
- Hua Hin District Office, Petchkasem Road, Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Wat Chontharam, Surat-Nakhon Si Thammarat Road, Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Khlong Phon Pattana Municipality, Petchkasem Road, Krabi
- Nakhon Si Thammarat-Sathing Phra Road, Songkhla
- Hat Yai-Pattani Road, Pattani